Get Free Real Estate Leads with Customer Reviews!
Love it or hate it, people are visiting Zillow when they’re in the research phase of their real estate journey. They might be scoping their competition, or they might be looking for an agent. If you don’t have a presence on Zillow, you’re missing out on the potential of getting FREE real estate leads.
Reasons why I think everyone should collect reviews on their Zillow profile:
- It’s FREE! You don’t have to be a Premier Agent or pay Zillow any money to have reviews.
- Zillow is going to get more website visitors than your website, so why not capitalize it?
- People will message you directly because they loved your reviews. (Hello, FREE real estate leads?!?!)
- Your competition probably isn’t going to put as much effort into it as you, so you’ll have an edge.
You can, and should, get reviews from these types of clients:
- Past clients
- People that bought FSBO or some other way without you
- People that you showed properties to, but decided not to make a move
- Your friends that benefited from your free real estate advice
And, if you can think of anyone else, you should totally ask for a review!
Maybe you’ve gotten out of touch with your database.
Why not re-engage with them with a “hey, I was in your neighborhood the other day and thought of you” message? Then, when they respond, ask for the review. This is a double win because you’re reminding someone you once worked with how amazing you are, and then when you get a review, perfect strangers will also see how awesome you are. Which results in FREE real estate leads. (Isn’t that awesome?)
Make getting a review part of your closing system.
We talk about reviews at the very beginning of our relationship with people so they know that this ask is coming at the end. And, when you time it right, they’re usually quite happy to write a glowing review.
But, does it have to be Zillow?
You can collect reviews on other sites like Facebook, Google, and I’m sure many others. The key is to get the reviews – and get a lot of them. It’s best if they’re housed somewhere that gets a lot of real estate traffic already so you can get some traction with your reviews. Having the most reviews on www.yourname.com isn’t going to help when you get 7 website visits a month.
Recycle those reviews!
Finally, you can always copy/paste the reviews you’ve received on Zillow (or any other site) to your own website. So, no matter how someone gets to your website, you’ve got the social proof of your awesomeness at their fingertips! Often times those free real estate leads are going to research the heck out of you so having a solid website in addition to awesome reviews is going to give them more incentive to contact you.
How many reviews do you have today?
Why not set a goal to get 25 more reviews by the end of 2018?
You can totally do it!